Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dirt in yo face

Tonight was the playoffs for the coed softball league that Andrew and I played on this season. I have been playing coed softball every season of medical school, and fully intend on continuing to play when we get to Dallas. We'll probably need lots of people on our team, so you folks should start hitting the batting cages to get ready. Anyways, tonight was the playoffs and I was not excited about it. This was the first season we played with this team, and while we were actually really good, I didn't know anybody except Andrew, Keith, and a guy named Steve, so it wasn't as much fun as when we played with my med school friends. I also wasn't excited because I got some kind of stomach bug last night/this morning and really just wanted to sleep all day and night. But, I went to the game, and we won our first two games to put us in the championship. For a tired girl with a tummy ache, two games is a lot, and going into the third one I was exhausted. We couldn't get a hit against this team, and Andrew (who is our pitcher) couldn't throw a strike to save his life. Actually the umpire just wouldn't call a strike at all, so Andrew started arguing with him and then got a lecture about how he better start respecting the umpire or he would be kicked out. Of course I get mad at Andrew and tell him to shut up or else... and we continue to get the crap kicked out of us. I hate to lose, I hate to lose, I hate to lose. But I never argue or complain.... until today. In the last inning, I made the most AMAZING play at first base where I stopped a ball hit to the right of me and dive into first base to get the guy out. He was OUT. But of course the idiotic umpire said that I touched the bag with the wrong hand. I touched the bag with BOTH hands. I lost it. All I could say was "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" at the top of my lungs, over and over. Everybody knew the guy was out, even on the other team, but the umpire wouldn't back down. We ended up losing, and I ended up with two scraped knees and a face full of dirt for no reason.

On a happier note, I only have two shifts left of medical school....BOOYAH!!!

2 comments:

  1. what an a-hole! Sign me and Kennedy up for your softball team in Big D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to play softball with you, that will be so fun!!

    ReplyDelete